Color It Blue
Sexual violence impacts us all.
In April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and National Child Abuse Prevention Month, join Brave Step as we “Color It Blue.”
Color It Blue is Brave Step’s signature campaign to encourage survivors, loved ones, allies and the community to embody their advocacy and initiate new conversations about this pervasive issue.
Did you know?
Sexual violence is not vague abuse but an act of violence. It leaves behind a life-altering mental, physical, social, financial and spiritual impact, and it cripples individuals as well as the family and community.
- About 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 13 boys in the United States experience child sexual abuse. (1)
- 91% of child sexual abuse perpetrators are individuals known by the child victim or their family members. (1)
- The total lifetime economic burden of child sexual abuse in the United States in 2015 was estimated to be at least $9.3 billion. (1)
- Every 68 seconds someone is sexually assaulted in the United States. Every 9 minutes, that victim is a child. (2)
- A majority of child survivors are 12-17 (3).
- 100% of us are impacted by sexual violence.
how will you Color It Blue?
In April, join the “Color It Blue” movement by:
Coloring one’s nails, hair or mustache blue
Booking an appointment with Modern Salon and Spa to get blue fairy hair and blue tape-in extension services. A portion of each service will benefit Brave Step’s mission.
Wearing blue to raise awareness for sexual violence
Making a donation to fuel the transformative work of Brave Step.
Signing up for Brave Step’s Virtual Walk/Run presented by Uwharrie Bank and Illuminate Salon on April 1-8.
Once you’ve Colored It Blue, use the opportunity to serve as a conversation starter on one of the most prevalent issues in our community.
Challenge three friends to demonstrate their bravery by joining you to Color It Blue.
Join the conversation on social media by using #ColorItBlue, #SAAM, #BraveStep and #ColorItBlueChallenge.