Brave Step is proud that we’re reaching people and radically improving lives. However, the need for Brave Step is ever great. We want the ability to serve every survivor who was willing to take a brave step toward us, as soon as they take that step.
We are grateful for your support and welcome gifts of any size. Please also consider a recurring monthly gift which fuels Brave Step.
- A $5 gift each month gives a trauma survivor 12 minutes of specialized therapy with a compassionate, carefully-vetted therapist.
- $10 a month fuels 10 minutes in group therapy where connection is made, a shift in understanding can be taken and a step towards freedom.
- $20 a month fuels one of two “sisterhoods” we call Courageous Corner. Courageous Corner is a free peer-led support group for women to find understanding, love and hope.
- $35 fuels a trauma-informed assessment to help a survivor build a road map on his/her healing journey.
- $50 is one hour of bravery for a survivor needing group counseling, impacting six to eight people.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
We couldn’t be prouder of our very own Crystal Emerick! The Charlotte Ledger named Crystal one of the region’s 40 stars and change makers for her visionary work with Brave Step. Crystal, your grassroots work supporting and healing the unseen and unheard survivors of...
We all have a story to tell. On Sunday, July 19 from 2-3 pm, Brave Step survivors are invited to be a part of the narrative, make their story visible, and connect with other women at a Virtual Laundry Day Workshop with local artist and creator of Airing Out the...
The Safe Child Act allows any survivor of child sexual abuse whose claim would have been barred under the prior statute of limitations to sue those responsible, regardless of when the abuse occurred. Adults who were abused many years ago may now be able to assert...