Brave Step is proud that we’re reaching people and radically improving lives. However, the need for Brave Step is ever great. We want the ability to serve every survivor who was willing to take a brave step toward us, as soon as they take that step.
We are grateful for your support and welcome gifts of any size. Please also consider a recurring monthly gift which fuels Brave Step.
- A $5 gift each month gives a trauma survivor 12 minutes of specialized therapy with a compassionate, carefully-vetted therapist.
- $10 a month fuels 10 minutes in group therapy where connection is made, a shift in understanding can be taken and a step towards freedom.
- $20 a month fuels one of two “sisterhoods” we call Courageous Corner. Courageous Corner is a free peer-led support group for women to find understanding, love and hope.
- $35 fuels a trauma-informed assessment to help a survivor build a road map on his/her healing journey.
- $50 is one hour of bravery for a survivor needing group counseling, impacting six to eight people.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
Join us! Nov, 12 at 7 p.m. ET | Virtual Event Brave Step’s “Celebration of Hope and Life presented by the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin” will honor the spirit of healing for anyone impacted by mental health and/or sexual violence.Celebrating life is essential to...
brave step Calling all artists Davidson giving tree 2020Celebrating Survivors Through Art! We are calling all artists to create work celebrating survivors who have helped expand, progress and deepen the public understanding and education around sexual violence through...
Recognising sexual violence as a public policy issue: A qualitative content analysis of sexual violence cases and the media
Recognising sexual violence as a public policy issue: A qualitative content analysis of sexual violence cases and the media Author: Camille Aroustamian Using framing theory and research on sexual violence and the media, this study looks at media...
End Rape On Campus Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any educational program or activity that receives federal funding. This includes most schools, including private institutions and grades K-12. Title...