Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Brave Step. Our goal is to strengthen adults impacted by sexual abuse by providing meaningful steps on their healing journey. We design personalized care plans and offer inspiration, education and connection for survivors and their loved ones.
Volunteers are essential to our success. Whether you have 30 minutes or three hours to contribute, we can utilize your passion and skills.
Lets Get Started
To kick off your volunteer relationship with Brave Step, please complete the volunteer application. The application may be completed in two ways.
- All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Application including references. Once the Volunteer Application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Volunteer Director. Depending on the volunteer roles available at that time, your skills and ability levels will be considered in best placing you in a serving role.
- At times, it may be necessary to conduct a face-to-face interview. Any interview will be set up with the Volunteer Director. We want to provide you with the best opportunity to use your skills and abilities to not only serve our clients, but to also encourage you to seek your full potential. Not all volunteer roles will be suitable for all volunteers. Volunteers will be assessed and placed per the Volunteer Director’s recommendations. Volunteers can fill more than one role if approved by the Volunteer Director.
- Depending on the volunteer role being applied for, your references may be contacted, and a background check fee may apply. Additionally, if your volunteer role changes while serving with Brave Step, your references may then be contacted, and a background check fee applied.
To ensure you are educated and prepared to serve Brave Step’s mission, we request attendance at an upcoming volunteer training. The next training is scheduled for:
- Monday, June 17, 2019
- 6-8 p.m.
- Hygge Coworking: 2128 Remount Road, Charlotte
- Register Today.
Sample Volunteer Roles:
As an emerging nonprofit, Brave Step’s volunteer needs vary. Please consider the below a sample of current need. However if you are passionate about our work, please contact us to explore other opportunities.
Mission Outreach Support and Administration
- Research Assistance
- Partnership Development: Brave Step could use assistance with local outreach to therapists, nonprofits, etc.
- Community Outreach: Engaging our community from civic organizations to local churches is important to the growth of Brave Step.
- IT advice and support
Communications and Marketing
- Social media savvy professionals are needed for content creation, social strategy development, etc.
- Thanking our donors is imperative. Brave Step can use help with thank you notes and calls.
- Sharing information to target audiences
- Graphic design expertise
- Responding to emails
- If you have a knack or expertise for fundraising, we can use your help.
- Event representation
For More Information:
If you have additional questions, please contact our volunteer director, Heather Tucker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
A Cup of Courage is a time of courage and connection. It’s an opportunity to bravely discuss the impact sexual abuse and assault has in our lives as survivors, loved ones, community advocates and those simply wanting to learn more. Guest speakers and breakout sessions...read more
Have you experienced sexual harassment, abuse or assault?If so, pour your story in a StoryBowlTM on Saturday, June 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Myers Park Baptist Church. Brave Step has teamed up with artist Dana Endsley to give women who have experienced sexual...read more
Don't miss WCCB Charlotte's feature for Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The segment includes three survivors from Brave Step who are using their voices to make an impact. ...read more