Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Brave Step. Our goal is to strengthen adults impacted by sexual abuse by providing meaningful steps on their healing journey. We design personalized care plans and offer inspiration, education and connection for survivors and their loved ones.
Volunteers are essential to our success. Whether you have 30 minutes or three hours to contribute, we can utilize your passion and skills.
Lets Get Started
To kick off your volunteer relationship with Brave Step, please complete the volunteer application. The application may be completed in two ways.
- All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Application including references. Once the Volunteer Application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Volunteer Director. Depending on the volunteer roles available at that time, your skills and ability levels will be considered in best placing you in a serving role.
- At times, it may be necessary to conduct a face-to-face interview. Any interview will be set up with the Volunteer Director. We want to provide you with the best opportunity to use your skills and abilities to not only serve our clients, but to also encourage you to seek your full potential. Not all volunteer roles will be suitable for all volunteers. Volunteers will be assessed and placed per the Volunteer Director’s recommendations. Volunteers can fill more than one role if approved by the Volunteer Director.
- Depending on the volunteer role being applied for, your references may be contacted, and a background check fee may apply. Additionally, if your volunteer role changes while serving with Brave Step, your references may then be contacted, and a background check fee applied.
To ensure you are educated and prepared to serve Brave Step’s mission, we request attendance at an upcoming volunteer training. The next training will be:
- Announced Soon!
Sample Volunteer Roles:
As an emerging nonprofit, Brave Step’s volunteer needs vary. Please consider the below a sample of current need. However if you are passionate about our work, please contact us to explore other opportunities.
Mission Outreach Support and Administration
- Research Assistance
- Partnership Development: Brave Step could use assistance with local outreach to therapists, nonprofits, etc.
- Community Outreach: Engaging our community from civic organizations to local churches is important to the growth of Brave Step.
- IT advice and support
Communications and Marketing
- Social media savvy professionals are needed for content creation, social strategy development, etc.
- Thanking our donors is imperative. Brave Step can use help with thank you notes and calls.
- Sharing information to target audiences
- Graphic design expertise
- Responding to emails
- If you have a knack or expertise for fundraising, we can use your help.
- Event representation
For More Information:
If you have additional questions, please contact our volunteer director, Heather Tucker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
An Obie Award-winning whirlwind tour of a forbidden zone, "The Vagina Monologues" introduces a wildly divergent gathering of female voices, including a six-year-old girl, a septuagenarian New Yorker, a vagina workshop participant, a woman who witnesses the birth of...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact: Emily Harris email@example.com (704) 989-0034 BRAVE STEP ANNOUNCES NEW CASE MANAGER CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Jan. 15, 2020) – Brave Step is delighted to announce Yenting Liu, LCSW, as our new case manager. Liu brings a professional...
"Francene Marie interviews Brave Step Board Member, Caleb Holloway and advocate Chip Perry! We're talking about Brave Step, the non-profit that empowers individuals who have been impacted by sexual abuse. Brave Step fosters brave public conversations about sexual...