Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer and your willingness to contribute valuable time. Our goal is to empower adults impacted by sexual violence; and volunteers are essential to reaching that goal.
To ensure you are educated and prepared to serve Brave Step’s mission, we request attendance at an upcoming volunteer training.
2022 Virtual Orientation
- Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. ET
We want to provide you with the best opportunity to use your skills and abilities to not only serve our clients, but to also encourage you to seek your full potential.
Whether you have 30 minutes or three hours, we will utilize your passion and skills.
- Can you serve in a variety of general volunteer roles?
- What natural talents and skills do you have?
- What available time do you have?
- Do you want to work directly with those we serve?
- Do you have specific skills such as administrative, fundraising, marketing communications, or other?
- Is there a vision for leadership roles?
- Do you have educational or professional qualifications that will aid in Brave Step’s growth?
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
Group Therapy Brave Step is launching a new round of IN-PERSON group therapy led by one of our wonderful providers, Katie Overcash. Read her bio here: https://katieovercash.com/ Group Therapy will meet once a week for 12 weeks from Sept. 11 to Dec. 18 from 7-8:30...
Peer Leader Training In Brave Step’s Peer Leader Training, we will explore together what it means to be a peer leader and discuss best practices. Brave Step currently hosts Courageous Corner, our peer support group, Courageous Book Club, and Courageous Creators...
RECENT UNC CHARLOTTE GRADUATE AND FORMER INTERN JOINS BRAVE STEP’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS On Tuesday, Brave Step’s Board of Directors announced the addition of Casey Denbow, a former intern and recent University of North Carolina at Charlotte graduate, to the nonprofit’s...