Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer and your willingness to contribute valuable time. Our goal is to empower adults impacted by sexual violence; and volunteers are essential to reaching that goal. Whether you have 30 minutes or three hours to contribute, we will utilize your passion and skills.
Lets Get Started
To kick off your volunteer relationship with Brave Step, please complete the volunteer application. The application may be completed online.
- All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Application including references. Once the Volunteer Application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Volunteer Director. Depending on the volunteer roles available at that time, your skills and ability levels will be considered in best placing you in a serving role.
- At times, it may be necessary to conduct a face-to-face interview. Any interview will be set up with the Volunteer Director. We want to provide you with the best opportunity to use your skills and abilities to not only serve our clients, but to also encourage you to seek your full potential. Not all volunteer roles will be suitable for all volunteers. Volunteers will be assessed and placed per the Volunteer Director’s recommendations. Volunteers can fill more than one role if approved by the Volunteer Director.
- Depending on the volunteer role being applied for, your references may be contacted, and a background check fee may apply. Additionally, if your volunteer role changes while serving with Brave Step, your references may then be contacted, and a background check fee applied.
To ensure you are educated and prepared to serve Brave Step’s mission, we request attendance at an upcoming volunteer training. The next training will be:
- Wednesday, April 29 from 2-3 p.m.
- The training will be held online.
Sample Volunteer Roles:
Brave Step’s volunteer needs vary. Please consider the below a sample of current need. However if you are passionate about our work, please contact us to explore other opportunities.
Mission Outreach Support and Administration
- Research Assistance
- Partnership Development: Brave Step could use assistance with local outreach to therapists, nonprofits, etc.
- Community Outreach: Engaging our community from civic organizations to local churches is important to the growth of Brave Step.
- IT advice and support
Communications and Marketing
- Social media savvy professionals are needed for content creation, social strategy development, etc.
- Thanking our donors is imperative. Brave Step can use help with thank you notes and calls.
- Sharing information to target audiences
- Graphic design expertise
- Responding to emails
- If you have a knack or expertise for fundraising, we can use your help.
- Event representation
For More Information:
If you have additional questions, please contact our volunteer director, Heather Tucker, at email@example.com.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
SHARE Charlotte's Shop for GOOD week provides a safe and easy way for the community to buy items that help Brave Step fulfill its mission.Many of the items requested on Brave Step's Wish List offer comfort, an outlet from the pain, and serve as a reminder that...
We couldn’t be prouder of our very own Crystal Emerick! The Charlotte Ledger named Crystal one of the region’s 40 stars and change makers for her visionary work with Brave Step. Crystal, your grassroots work supporting and healing the unseen and unheard survivors of...
We all have a story to tell. On Sunday, July 19 from 2-3 pm, Brave Step survivors are invited to be a part of the narrative, make their story visible, and connect with other women at a Virtual Laundry Day Workshop with local artist and creator of Airing Out the...