Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Brave Step. Our goal is to strengthen adults impacted by sexual abuse by providing meaningful steps on their healing journey. We design personalized care plans and offer inspiration, education and connection for survivors and their loved ones.
Volunteers are essential to our success. Whether you have 30 minutes or three hours to contribute, we can utilize your passion and skills.
Lets Get Started
To kick off your volunteer relationship with Brave Step, please complete the volunteer application. The application may be completed in two ways.
- All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Application including references. Once the Volunteer Application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Volunteer Director. Depending on the volunteer roles available at that time, your skills and ability levels will be considered in best placing you in a serving role.
- At times, it may be necessary to conduct a face-to-face interview. Any interview will be set up with the Volunteer Director. We want to provide you with the best opportunity to use your skills and abilities to not only serve our clients, but to also encourage you to seek your full potential. Not all volunteer roles will be suitable for all volunteers. Volunteers will be assessed and placed per the Volunteer Director’s recommendations. Volunteers can fill more than one role if approved by the Volunteer Director.
- Depending on the volunteer role being applied for, your references may be contacted, and a background check fee may apply. Additionally, if your volunteer role changes while serving with Brave Step, your references may then be contacted, and a background check fee applied.
To ensure you are educated and prepared to serve Brave Step’s mission, we request attendance at an upcoming volunteer training. The next training is scheduled for:
- Monday, June 17, 2019
- 6-8 p.m.
- Hygge Coworking: 2128 Remount Road, Charlotte
- Register Today.
Sample Volunteer Roles:
As an emerging nonprofit, Brave Step’s volunteer needs vary. Please consider the below a sample of current need. However if you are passionate about our work, please contact us to explore other opportunities.
Mission Outreach Support and Administration
- Research Assistance
- Partnership Development: Brave Step could use assistance with local outreach to therapists, nonprofits, etc.
- Community Outreach: Engaging our community from civic organizations to local churches is important to the growth of Brave Step.
- IT advice and support
Communications and Marketing
- Social media savvy professionals are needed for content creation, social strategy development, etc.
- Thanking our donors is imperative. Brave Step can use help with thank you notes and calls.
- Sharing information to target audiences
- Graphic design expertise
- Responding to emails
- If you have a knack or expertise for fundraising, we can use your help.
- Event representation
For More Information:
If you have additional questions, please contact our volunteer director, Heather Tucker, at email@example.com.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (July 23, 2019) – Brave Step announced the appointment of Francene Marie Morris, an award-winning talk show host at Beasley Media Group, to its board of directors. Founded in 2014, Brave Step strengthens adults impacted by sexual abuse by providing...read more
Brave Step and River Church of Stanly County have teamed up to "wash away the wait list." We simply can’t keep pace with the growing demand for individual counseling that adult survivors and their loved ones deserve and need. With each car washed, we can chip away at...read more
WCNC Charlotte Today graciously hosted Brave Step and artist Dana Endsley to discuss the upcoming StoryBowl event. Click on the image above or the link here to watch the full interview....read more