Davidson giving tree 2020
Celebrating Survivors Through Art!
We are calling all artists to create work celebrating survivors who have helped expand, progress and deepen the public understanding and education around sexual violence through their work and their stories.
ROTARY CLUB OF DAVIDSON GIVING TREE VILLAGE
For the third year in a row, Brave Step has received a sponsored tree, courtesy of Flyleaf Counseling, in the Giving Tree Village, and this year, we want to do something that truly showcases the heart of our mission.
The art submitted will connect in-person and online viewers with Brave Step’s true heroes … our survivors, and it will be featured in the Giving Tree Village Dec. 1-12, 2020 with voting online for one’s favorite tree (hint, hint Brave Step)!
Works should focus on the survivors’ success, bravery and boldness in a positive and encouraging tone.
The item must be weatherproof, physically sized to hang from an outdoor holiday tree and have a hanging mechanism to hang from the tree. This means works must be less than ½ pound weight (maximum), less than 6x8in maximum if 2D, less than 6x6x6in if 3D. All mediums welcome—collage, sculpture, writing, metalwork, photography, ceramics, fabrics, glass, more!
We encourage you to think broadly when picking a survivor for portraiture including historical ones, famous ones or ones in your personal life (including yourself)!
Located in Davidson, North Carolina, Flyleaf Counseling strives to help you make sense of past events, heal from present hurts, and thrive. They guide you forward and assist you in designing and narrating your next chapter.
- All work is donated and preferably becomes property of Brave Step; if you want your item returned, please contact us for arrangements.
- Items will be hung on display first at the Rotary Club of Davidson’s Christmas Tree Village, a nonprofit showcase in December 2020.
- Include a note describing the intention for your piece with your submission. This will appear in the caption under your piece when it appears on the Brave Step social media accounts after the show. Please include any social media handles you would like us to use when showing off your work!
- Work must be appropriate for general audience.
- Mail your submission: Brave Step, 970 Stafford Farm Rd, Concord, NC 28025
- DEADLINE: Saturday, NOV 21
- Questions: email@example.com