Welcome to Brave Step
Are you interested in providing therapy services to Brave Step’s clients?
Brave Step equips adult survivors, loved ones and the community with the skills and understanding to shape a strong, supportive community.
- Adult Survivor Care: Adult survivors deserve to lead their best life, one that is not defined by or limited by past abuse. To help survivors reclaim the life they deserve, Brave Step presents a multi-faceted healing model that includes individual counseling, group therapy, peer-led support groups, empowerment programs, and ways to find one’s voice.
- Care for Loved Ones: We believe that educating and supporting the loved ones of a survivor is a critical component to giving survivors the best possible chance to heal. We offer therapeutic interventions for loved ones and a supportive, understanding place to process their emotions.
If you are interested in working with Brave Step to address this great need, please review our stringent requirements that have been put in place to ensure we are providing exceptional care while building a world-class program.
In order to be considered as an approved therapist to whom Brave Step clients may be referred, these minimum qualifications must be met:
- Licensed Mental Health Professional in good standing.
- Passes background checks including, but not limited to, a criminal check and is in good standing with licensing boards in all states in which they have held a license.
- Minimum 5 years of licensed clinical experience in treating adults for sexual trauma.
- Has participated in extensive specialized training and/or supervision on professionally accepted techniques most often used to treat sexual trauma, such as, but not limited to, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, somatic experiencing, psychophysiological trauma-work, dissociation disorders, mode deactivation treatment and internal family systems. The therapist does not have to be trained in all of these modalities but should be experienced with at least one of them in addition to CBT or DBT.
- Accepted via a vetting process, whereby two members of the Advisory Board, a clinical director or designee, if available, as well as any other person(s) selected by Brave Step will review the therapist’s credentials on paper and in person to determine if they are qualified to serve Brave Step clients referred to them.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
Tee It Up for Brave StepWelcome to Tee It Up for Brave Step!“Tee It Up for Brave Step” is a family-friendly event, celebrating eight years of fostering courage for those impacted by sexual violence and shaping a strong, supportive community. To drive this...
Trauma-Informed Heart Rate Variability Training Sign up to participate in a 8 session IN-PERSON small group Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Biofeedback Training Program with Carolinas Biofeedback Clinic. Biofeedback uses science to teach the art of human...
Join us for a time of courage and connection. We will be covering the topic of sexual violence and will include inspirational speakers and engaging conversation. Come bravely explore the impact sexual violence has in our community whether you are a survivor,...