Welcome to Brave Step
Are you interested in providing therapy services to Brave Step’s clients?
Brave Step equips adult survivors, loved ones and the community with the skills and understanding to shape a strong, supportive community.
- Adult Survivor Care: Adult survivors deserve to lead their best life, one that is not defined by or limited by past abuse. To help survivors reclaim the life they deserve, Brave Step presents a multi-faceted healing model that includes individual counseling, group therapy, peer-led support groups, empowerment programs, and ways to find one’s voice.
- Care for Loved Ones: We believe that educating and supporting the loved ones of a survivor is a critical component to giving survivors the best possible chance to heal. We offer therapeutic interventions for loved ones and a supportive, understanding place to process their emotions.
If you are interested in working with Brave Step to address this great need, please review our stringent requirements that have been put in place to ensure we are providing exceptional care while building a world-class program.
In order to be considered as an approved therapist to whom Brave Step clients may be referred, these minimum qualifications must be met:
- Licensed Mental Health Professional in good standing.
- Passes background checks including, but not limited to, a criminal check and is in good standing with licensing boards in all states in which they have held a license.
- Minimum 5 years of licensed clinical experience in treating adults for sexual trauma.
- Has participated in extensive specialized training and/or supervision on professionally accepted techniques most often used to treat sexual trauma, such as, but not limited to, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, somatic experiencing, psychophysiological trauma-work, dissociation disorders, mode deactivation treatment and internal family systems. The therapist does not have to be trained in all of these modalities but should be experienced with at least one of them in addition to CBT or DBT.
- Accepted via a vetting process, whereby two members of the Advisory Board, a clinical director or designee, if available, as well as any other person(s) selected by Brave Step will review the therapist’s credentials on paper and in person to determine if they are qualified to serve Brave Step clients referred to them.
Latest In The News
As a survivor-led organization, our secret to success is understanding firsthand what it’s like and creating a place, both online and in person, where individuals are safe, understood and supported.
April 2: A Kendra Gives Back Event Fundraiser Details Your Support Makes a Difference Whether you are shopping for a well-deserved gift for yourself, a potential Mother's Day present, or simply to grow your jewelry collection, you support will help...
The Francene Marie Show April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Francene Marie interviewed Brave Step Board Member Christine Roper about a virtual event that brings community together. Lace up for the Brave Step Virtual Walk/Run presented by Uwharrie Bank...
WBTV News at Noon On March 14, 2022, Dr. Erin DiCesare joined WBTV to promote the upcoming Brave Step Virtual Walk/Run presented by Uwharrie Bank. Click on the image to the right to view the full interview.