Brave Step is seeking a volunteer coordinator to assist the nonprofit in its mission to strengthen men and women impacted by sexual abuse.
We seek a personable, organized and motivated professional who is passionate about the cause, has the ability to establish volunteer program fundamentals and can build a good rapport with supporters. A volunteer coordinator needs to be able to establish the essential systems of volunteer management, nonprofit best practices and the associated building blocks.
Location: The greater Charlotte market is desired. Work can be conducted from a home office.
Please note, this is an unpaid, volunteer position.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The volunteer coordinator recruits and supervises volunteers; provides direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions; and involves the community to support Brave Step’s mission.
- Assessing organizational need and capacity for volunteers.
- Creating volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, training, handbooks and job descriptions).
- Database management and tracking of volunteer statistics.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend improvements.
- Community outreach to find volunteers.
- Screening (interviews, required background checks, etc.), scheduling and supervision of volunteers.
- Identify community outreach opportunities to attract qualified candidates.
- Volunteer recognition.
- Act as a single point of contact for communications.
- Good listening and communications (written and oral) skills are vital.
- Leadership experience, conflict management skills and a strong judge of character.
- Detail-oriented, organized and has the ability to multi-task.
- Experience developing and implementing program plans.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of volunteer management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve a cadre of volunteers.
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and internet usage.
- Organization, planning and record-keeping skills.
- Submit a resume and explanation of interest to Brave Step at email@example.com.
- If your expertise meets the needs of the organization, we will schedule an interview with the screening committee.
- Based on the interview, a thorough background check with references will be required due to the nature of our work.