BRAVE STEP CHALLENGES THE COMMUNITY TO “COLOR IT BLUE“
Awareness and Advocacy Campaign Set for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and National Child Abuse Prevention Month
“Color It Blue is Brave Step’s signature campaign to encourage survivors, loved ones, allies and the community to embody advocacy and initiate new conversations about the pervasive issue of sexual violence,” said Dr. Lisa Littlejohn Hill, board president. “Each day, we see the life-altering mental, physical, social, financial and spiritual impact of sexual violence, and it is our responsibility to challenge the community to be brave and make a difference. Color It Blue is an easy way to take that first step.”
The reach and impact of sexual violence runs deep.
- About 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 13 boys in the United States experience child sexual abuse. (1)
- Ninety-one percent of child sexual abuse perpetrators are individuals known by the child victim or their family members. (1)
- Every 68 seconds someone is sexually assaulted in the United States. Every 9 minutes, that victim is a child. (2)
- One hundred percent of us are impacted by sexual violence.
In April, join the “Color It Blue” movement by:
- Coloring one’s nails, hair or mustache blue.
- Booking an appointment with Modern Salon and Spa to receive blue fairy hair and blue tape-in extension services. A portion of each service will benefit Brave Step.
- Wearing blue to raise awareness for sexual violence.
- Using the Color It Blue campaign as a conversation starter with family, friends, coworkers, etc.
- Challenging three friends to Color It Blue.
- Joining the conversation on social media by using #ColorItBlue, #SAAM and #BraveStep.
- Making a donation to fuel the work of Brave Step.
- Rocking blue apparel for Brave Step’s Virtual Walk/Run presented by Uwharrie Bank and Illuminate Salon on April 1-8.
Accept Brave Step’s challenge to Color It Blue in April. Learn more at www.BraveStep.org/ColorItBlue.
For interviews related to the campaign and/or sexual violence, please contact email@example.com.
About Brave Step:
Founded in 2014, Brave Step is a nonprofit that empowers individuals who have been impacted by sexual violence. To shape a strong, supportive community, the organization provides personalized services that help adults impacted by sexual violence claim the life they deserve; fosters brave public conversations about sexual violence; and cultivates courageous changemakers. For additional information on Brave Step, please visit www.bravestep.org, Facebook or Instagram.
# # #