With Parenting Safe Children “Conversation-Starter Cards,” you can confidently initiate conversations about your child’s body safety with all caregivers. The front of the card offers language for starting a conversation about expectations, boundaries, and body-safety rules.
There is even room on the front to write your name and number. The back of the card is for reference and gives facts about child sexual abuse and offers safety tips.
Carry the cards in your purse, car, pocket, or even fold a couple and put them in your wallet.
Pull a card out when:
- Your child has a play date and you want to align expectations with another parent about body safety.
- You’re in a hurried situation and want to get some basics across.
- You’re speaking with a nanny, school administrator, teacher, coach, or counselor, and want to make sure you’re on the same page.
- You’ve attended a PSC workshop and want to share what you learned with a friend or family member.
- Inviting caregivers onto your team is the cornerstone of prevention – and prevention starts with you!